- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Vizag gives clear mandate to TDP
Even though the YSR Congress Party wave continued in the entire state, the Visakhapatnam city assembly constituencies, East, West, South and North, people gave clear mandate to ruling Telugu Desam Party candidates only.
Visakhapatnam: Even though the YSR Congress Party wave continued in the entire state, the Visakhapatnam city assembly constituencies, East, West, South and North, people gave clear mandate to ruling Telugu Desam Party candidates only.
Velagapudi Ramakrishna Babu (East), P V G R Naidu alias Ganababu (West), V Ganesh Kumar (South) and Ganta Srinivasa Rao (North leading with 1,500 votes) won the Assembly segments. Interestingly, all the winning candidates won in 2014 general elections also. Though the YSRCP contestants gave a tough fight to their rivals, but in vain.
There is neck-to-neck fight between Ganta Srinivasa Rao and YSRCP candidate K K Raju in the Vizag North constituency. However, Ganta secured 58,257 votes and leading on YSRCP candidate K K Raju. However, the BJP candidate and sitting MLA P Vishnukumar Raju got 16,755 votes majority while Jana Sena Party contestant P Usha Kiran bagged 16,600 votes.
The BJP and JSP spoiled the YSRCP victory in the segment. Though JSP candidate influenced the YSRCP candidate Dronamraju Srinivasa Rao's victory in the South constituency, TDP candidate V Ganesh Kumar got 52,026 votes while Dronamraju Srinivasa Rao polled 48,133 votes. The JSP candidate G.Giridhar bagged 18,087 votes in the segment.
Velagapudi Ramakrishna Babu, as expected again won he East segment by defeating A Vijayanirmala of YSR Congress Party. Velagapudi polled 79,910 votes while Vijayanirmala justified with 55,851 votes only.
In the Visakhapatnam West Assembly constituency also, the TDP retained the seat. P V G R Naidu alias Ganababu won the seat defeating his nearest rival and YSRCP contestant Malla Vijaya Prasad. Ganababu got 59,799 votes while Malla Vijaya Prasad justified with 42,392 votes.