- Rehabilitation and Empowerment Centre for differently-abled people launched
- 3rd Mahamastakabhisheka of the century at Venur
- CM Revanth holds meeting with Japan company over expansion of metros in city
- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
Water shortage grips Kuppam constituency
hough former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has been representing Kuppam Assembly constituency for the last four decades he could not find a permanent solution for the drinking water problem.
Chittoor: Though former Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has been representing Kuppam Assembly constituency for the last four decades he could not find a permanent solution for the drinking water problem.
To mitigate the water woes, transportation of water through hired tankers has become unwarranted. There are over 280 habitations in Kuppam Assembly constituency where transportation of water through hired tankers has become inevitable.
Speaking to The Hans India here on Thursday, G Venu, SE, Rural Water Supply, admitted that transportation of water through hired tankers has become unavoidable in Kuppam constituency.
"Right now, we are transporting water through hired tankers to 28 habitations in Gudipalli mandal, 98 habitations in Kuppam mandal, 68 habitations in Ramakuppam mandal and 86 habitations in Santhipuram mandal.
The situation would be more alarming if the dry spell continues in June also. Groundwater levels have come down drastically aggravating the drinking water problem," he added. The SE said acute drinking water shortage had prevailed in 2,916 habitations in the entire district where transportation of water through hired tankers has been taken up.
Enlisting the details of transportation of water through hired tankers, he stated that 39 habitations in Chittoor Assembly constituency, 157 in GD Nellore, 256 in Palamaner, 186 in Puthalapattu, 148 in Madanapalle, 285 in Piler, 189 in Punganur and 312 in Thamballapalle are being covered in the district.
Stating that the district spent Rs 14 crore for the same, he said there was shortage of funds for transportation of water in the district.