- Audimulapu Suresh assures support to kin of Kanna Venkateshwarlu
- Delhi HC disposes appeal against single-judge who rejected restraining order on BharatPe's Grover over unpaid shares
- Shami's IPL 2024 Exit: Gujarat Titans Face Crisis with Ankle Injury
- Complete 240 residential units for PM Package employees by March 20: J&K
- Six-year-old boy mauled to death by stray dogs in UP district
- Studies show no safe air quality threshold exists for heart & lung health
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli's Son Akaay: Is He an Indian or British Citizen? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Several YSRCP leaders join TDP in Dharmavaram
- MP Poonamben Maadam bids farewell to Rambhakts by flagging off Aastha Train
- Calcutta HC grants bail to scribe arrested from Sandeshkhali, raps police for being hyper-active
Will strive for welfare of minorities: Amjad Basha
Amjad Basha, who sworn-in as Minister for Minority Welfare at the AP Secretariat in Velagapudi on Saturday, has said that he will strive for welfare of minorities.
Kadapa: Amjad Basha, who sworn-in as Minister for Minority Welfare at the AP Secretariat in Velagapudi on Saturday, has said that he will strive for welfare of minorities. Speaking to The Hans India, the Deputy Minister stated that he will implement sub-plan meant for Muslims effectively. Basha assured people of Kadapa city for bringing 1 tmcft of Somasila backwater to resolve drinking water shortage in summer.
He recalled that construction of pipeline was started at Siddavatam to bring Somasila backwater to Kadapa during the regime of former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy. But the work stalled due to unknown reasons, he stated. The Minister said he will ensure that pipeline work is resumed by taking up the issue to the notice of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
He also promised to take up beautification of Bugga Vanka and completion of underground drainage in Kadapa city. Basha thanked YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for appointing him as Deputy Chief Minister. For the first time in the history of Kadapa district, an MLA got Deputy Chief Minister post. Basha had joined the YSRCP in 2012. He won as Kadapa MLA in 2014 and 2019.