- BJP Rectifies Candidate List For Assam Lok Sabha Elections: Key Updates And Corrections
- Tragic House Collapse Claims Lives Of Mother And Three Daughters Amidst Heavy Rains In Jammu and Kashmir
- Work hard to bring TDP-JSP to power: TDP chief to cadre
- Yogi Adityanath-Led BJP Government In Uttar Pradesh Set To Expand Cabinet Amid Recent Electoral Victories
- Chandrababu to meet TDP candidates in Palnadu district today
- BJP Files Complaint Against Congress Leader For Allegedly Mishandling National Anthem At Kerala Rally
- BJP will have to pick Reddy nominee if it goes solo
- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
Youth asked to donate blood generously Collector
District Collector J Nivas on Friday said that blood donation is a life-saving activity, and everyone should donate blood to save lives of people in need.
Srikakulam: District Collector J Nivas on Friday said that blood donation is a life-saving activity, and everyone should donate blood to save lives of people in need. Participating as chief guest at the World Blood Donors' Day programme organised by Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) Srikakulam unit at IRCS Blood Bank, the Collector said that the youth should be aware about blood donation and donate it to save precious lives of people.
Stating that blood components were essential for pregnant women, kidney patients and accident victims, he said that saving the lives of people would be a holy mission and everyone should take it as social service activity and participate widely.
Everyone should motivate others to donate blood generously and should cultivate it as a regular habit, said Joint Collector (JC) KVN Chakradhara Babu. If youth comes forward to donate blood, there was no question of scarcity arises for blood, the JC pointed out. In total 23 wings were working under IRCS Srikakulam unit in service of poor and blood donation, said IRCS Srikakulam unit Chairman P Jagan Mohan Rao.