- TDP may field Vemireddy Prashanthi in Kovuru
- CM to launch ‘Vision Vizag’ today
- Tips to help children maintain a healthy weight
- Panchakarla says people will teach YSRCP a befitting lesson
- Kala, Atchanna turn centres of TDP politics
- The rise in women seeking online skill trainings in past 5 yrs : Survey
- YSRCP dismisses Prashant Kishor prediction on Jagan’s defeat
- Meri Bharat Mera Parivar: Modi debunks 'no family' jibe of Lalu
- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
YSRCP demands bonus for paddy
YSRCP farmer’s wing state president M Nagi Reddy demanded that the government announce a bonus of Rs 230 for each quintal of paddy produce immediately.
Rajamahendravaram: YSRCP farmer's wing state president M Nagi Reddy demanded that the government announce a bonus of Rs 230 for each quintal of paddy produce immediately. Speaking to reporters at Press Club here on Thursday, he said the farmers are not getting even the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of Rs 1,770 announced by Central government and they are facing problems.
Millers and mediators are purchasing the paddy from the farmers for less price and they are getting MSP from paddy purchasing centres, he alleged. He underlined the need to open many paddy purchasing centres and purchase paddy directly from the peasants.
The government was setting aside the reports sent by the respective officials relating to the problems of farmers, he complained. Though Deputy Chief Minister Nimmkayala Chinna Rajappa belongs to the district, he is not uttering a single word about the problems of the farmers.
Paddy crop was under cultivation in 3.32 lakh hectares in twin Godavari districts out of 5.31 lakh hectares across the state. There is no use, if the government opens paddy purchase centres after 20 days. Mediators will purchase paddy from the farmers by that time, he added.