- Hoax message delays Kolkata flight
- 3 Bihar Opposition MLAs ‘crossover’
- Energy dept bags 2 national awards
- British Airways supervisor on the run in India
- Abu Dhabi's Hindu temple to open for public from March 1
- Japanese firm ties up with Biological E to make dengue vaccine
- Rajamahendravaram: ‘Financial Literacy Week’ commences
- Revanth issues ‘zero bill’ to BRS in LS polls
- Congress govt launches gas cylinder, free power schemes
- PM presents wings to 4 Vyomanauts
Ex-minister Baig gets bail in IMA ponzi scam case
A special CBI court in Bengaluru on Saturday granted conditional bail to former Karnataka home minister R Roshan Baig in the multi-crore I-Monetary Advisory (IMA) ponzi scam case.
Bengaluru: A special CBI court in Bengaluru on Saturday granted conditional bail to former Karnataka home minister R Roshan Baig in the multi-crore I-Monetary Advisory (IMA) ponzi scam case.
Central Bureau of Investigation spokesperson R.K. Gaur said that Baig was granted bail due to his health condition but with a lot of restrictions.
Baig was directed to surrender his passport and not travel outside the city without prior intimation or permission from the court.
Seven-time legislator Baig was a prominent Muslim face of the Congress after he joined the party in 1999. He served as minister many times till 2018 when he severed ties with the Congress.
Baig was arrested by the CBI on November 21 in connection with the IMA ponzi scam case and sent in 14-day judicial custody. He was moved to state-run super-speciality Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences on November 24 after he complained of heart-related ailments. IANS