- No break for Balakrishna in the coming year; actor busy with multiple projects
- Ravi Teja’s next flick title to be out soon; ‘Eagle’ is in consideration!
- Official: Arjun Das comes on board for ‘OG’
- Aha’s original project with Allu Arjun on board; here is the proof
- ‘Veera Simha Reddy’ 100 days function held in a grand way
- 2.60 crore people benefitted from PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana in Andhra: BJP President JP Nadda
- DMK has major role to play in opposition alliance: Udhayanidhi Stalin
- Odisha: Bharatanatyam guru dies on stage
- Andy Murray accepts wildcard for Nottingham Open
- Cauvery Tribunal unlikely to take up Makedatu Dam issue
Equity indices open in green, Sensex hits new high
The key Indian equity indices opened on a positive note on Tuesday with the BSE Sensex trading above the 45,500 mark
Mumbai:The key Indian equity indices opened on a positive note on Tuesday with the BSE Sensex trading above the 45,500 mark. The Sensex touched a record high of 45,572.28 points.
Healthy buying was witnessed in auto and realty stocks. However, banking and energy stocks were under pressure.
Around 9.30 am, Sensex was at 45,553.52, higher by 126.55 points or 0.28 per cent from the previous close of 45,426.97.
It opened at 45,568.80 and touched an intra-day low of 45,459.74 points.
The Nifty50 on the National Stock Exchange was trading at 13,392.80, higher by 37.05 points or 0.28 per cent from the previous close.
The top gainers so far on the Sensex were Maruti Suzuki India, Bajaj Auto and Mahindra & Mahindra, while the major losers were Sun Pharmaceutical, Tech Mahindra and IndusInd Bank.