- YSRCP should win all Assembly & LS seats in Tirupati: Vijayasai
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 30 September, 2023
- Vizianagaram: Protect your heart to lead healthy & long life
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 30 September, 2023
- Visakhapatnam: Special campaign 3.0 to begin at VPA from Oct 1
- JSP to launch door-to-door campaign today
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today slashes, check the rates on September 29, 2023
- Devotees rush increases at Tirumala today, TTD relaxes restriction on two-wheelers on ghat road
- PM Narendra Modi visit to Mahbubnagar and Nizamabad, here is the schedule finalised
- Visakhapatnam: GITAM inks pact with Botanic Healthcare
FASTag to be mandatory for all vehicles in the country from January 1
FASTag mandatory for all vehicles: Road Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari today announced that FASTag is being made mandatory for all vehicles in the country from New Year.
FASTag mandatory for all vehicles: Road Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari today announced that FASTag is being made mandatory for all vehicles in the country from New Year. Addressing a virtual function today, Mr Gadkari said, FASTag will be enforced from January 1, 2021. Enumerating its benefits, he said, it is useful for the commuters as they will not need to stop at toll plazas for cash payments. It will also save time and fuel.
Four banks together issued nearly a lakh FASTags, launched in 2016. Over 34 lakh FASTags were issued in 2018. The Ministry had issued a notification last month making FASTag mandatory by January 1, 2021, in old vehicles also sold before December 1, 2017.
The Ministry said, the steps for ensuring the availability of FASTag at multiple channels are being made through physical locations and also through online mechanism so that the citizens can have them affixed at their vehicles within the next two months at their convenience.