- AI helps detect imposters in UPSSSC examinations
- Heavy rain in Guatemala kills 32
- Rahul Gandhi to address 1st public rally in poll-bound MP on Sep 30
- Kakani Govardhan Reddy unveils wall poster carrying MSP of various agriculture products
- Technical Advisor to Defence Minister Satish Reddy joins "Green India Challenge "
- US Ambassador in India defends PoK visit of American envoy in Islamabad
- Another BRS leader to join Congress
- Bengaluru bandh: JD(S) furious over arrest of activists, is Cong govt -B-team of Tamil Nadu DMK govt? asks Kumaraswamy
- Apple may launch the iPad Mini 7 later in 2023
- KCR remembers Sacrifices of Ilamma during Telangana Armed Struggle
IndiGo to complete pending credit shells' payments by Jan 31
Airline major IndiGo on Monday said it will complete the payment against all pending credit shells latest by January 31, 2021.
New Delhi: Airline major IndiGo on Monday said it will complete the payment against all pending credit shells latest by January 31, 2021.
According to the airline, since the resumption of operations in May, IndiGo has been rapidly refunding amounts owed to customers whose flights had been cancelled during the lockdown.
The airline has already processed close to Rs 1,000 crore of refunds, which is approximately 90 per cent of the total amount owed to the customers.
"The sudden onset of Covid-19 and the resulting lockdown, brought our operations to a complete halt by the end of March of this year. As our incoming cash flow dried up, we were unable to immediately process refunds for cancelled flights and had to create credit shells for the refunds that were due to our customers," said Ronojoy Dutta, Chief Executive Officer, IndiGo.
"However, with the resumption of operations and a steady increase in demand for air travel, our priority has been to refund the credit shell amounts in an expedited manner."