- President Murmu reaches Serbia on 3-day state visit
- Kharif crops' MSP rise in line with govt's many decisions for farmers' help: PM Modi
- Charge sheet against Brij Bhushan by June 15, WFI elections by June 30: Anurag Thakur
- Handball -One more in the IPL basket
- Yogi Govt to train 1,00,437 people to realise dream of 'Swachh Bharat' in rural UP
- Goods train wagons run over seven workers in Odisha, four killed
- LIC holding in Tech Mahindra increases to 8.8 per cent
- Adani Group, the emerging leader in ESG
- Cyclone 'Biparjoy' may not hit Goa coast: IMD
- Fish Prasadam on June 9
Volkswagen ties-up with Zoomcar for shared mobility
- Through this partnership with Zoomcar, Volkswagen India enters into shared mobility and subscription services
- Volkswagen will also offer Zoomcar customised financial, maintenance and repair services, among other benefits
NEW DELHI: German auto giant Volkswagen on Tuesday announced its foray into the shared mobility space with a tie-up with self-drive car rental platform Zoomcar, which will help potential customersacross key cities to availits Polo cars under a particular subscription model.
Besides, Volkswagen will also offer Zoomcar customised financial, maintenance and repair services, among other benefits, a release said.
"Through this partnership with Zoomcar, Volkswagen India enters into shared mobility and subscription services. We intend to transform the mobility sector by participating in various business models that drive growth. Were delighted to offer our best-selling carline Volkswagen Polo - through this channel," said Steffen Knapp, managing director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars.
According to the release, consumers are gradually moving towards shared mobility and it is expected that India will be leading the shared mobility business by 2030.
Commenting on the partnership with the car maker, Zoomcar co-founder and CEO Greg Moran said, "Zoomcar is thrilled to partner with Volkswagen to offer its vehicles on Indias only shared subscription marketplace, ZAP Subscribe."
Volkswagen and Zoomcar intend to deepen this partnership by offering other vehicles from their existing product portfolio in the future, the release stated.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.