- Three students missing in Tirumala found in Kamareddy
- 11 Ministers on the way Telangana Assembly
- Bhatti Vikramarka reacts on Chief Minister post
- Atchannaidu extends greetings to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy
- Restrictions and barricades lifted from Pragathi Bhavan
- Daily Forex Rates (07-12-2023)
- Jalahalli marks the 4th Gold Point centre in the state for Muthoot EXIM
- Always ready to serve the people of Mulugu
- Bhatti pays respects to YS Rajashekar Reddy’s portrait
- Officials conducts a review of electricity supply at Revanth's residence
WhatsApp to empower SMEs go digital in India
After picking five Indian startups who would receive nearly Rs 35 lakh each to develop country-first products, Facebook-owned WhatsApp is now set to further empower the 50-million plus small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the country.
New Delhi: After picking five Indian startups who would receive nearly Rs 35 lakh each to develop country-first products, Facebook-owned WhatsApp is now set to further empower the 50-million plus small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the country.
Will Cathcart, who became the new head of WhatsApp after Vice President Chris Daniels quit in March, would announce some key features for the SMBs on Thursday.
"WhatsApp helps connect friends and families but it has fast become a driver of economic growth in India. Join Will Cathcart, Global Head of WhatsApp for an engaging event, 'Gateway to a Billion Opportunities', on how technology enables digital inclusion, in the presence of Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog," the company said.
According to sources, the announcement would enable Indian SMEs further go digital. The messaging app has been working closely on its business platform.
Launched in January 2018, the WhatsApp Business app was developed to improve SMEs' communications with the customers.
In India, 84 per cent of SMEs think that WhatsApp helps them communicate with customers, and 80 per cent of SMEs think that WhatsApp helps them grow their business.
Cathcart would also visit Mumbai to interact with the SMEs, discussing how to mentor them while sharing his own journey as a developer to leading WhatsApp.