- PM Modi arrives at BJP headquarters
- Indira Krishnan enjoyed shooting with Rashmika, Ranbir for ‘Animal’
- People of New India votes on Performance Politics: Amit shah
- Patience is the biggest mantra in film industry: Anchor Chandu
- INDIA bloc floor leaders to meet on Monday to discuss Winter Session strategy
- Date locked for ‘Bubblegum’ third single
- Counting of votes for Mizoram assembly polls tomorrow
- Mental fatigue, fragility part and parcel of entertainment industry: Sheeba Akashdeep
- Inspire your winter outfits from B-town
- The energy in ‘Hi Nanna’ is addictive: Nani at musical night event
Deepika Padukone in a challenging role
Actress Deepika Padukone on Monday unveiled the first look from the upcoming film ‘Chhapaak’ in which she will be seen playing real life acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal.
Actress Deepika Padukone on Monday unveiled the first look from the upcoming film 'Chhapaak' in which she will be seen playing real life acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal.
Deepika tweeted the first look from the film, directed by Meghna Gulzar.
In the image, the 'Padmaavat' star is seen with prosthetics of scars and burns on her face.
She captioned it: "A character that will stay with me forever...Malti. Shoot begins today! 'Chhapaak'. Releasing January 10, 2020." Deepika will turn producer with the film. "It's a very important story and it's a true life incident, so hopefully good things will come out of it," she had said earlier.
The film also stars Vikrant Massey.
Deepika's look has been lauded by film fraternity members.
Actress Huma Qureshi reacted: "Wow! This is going to be epic", while Arjun Kapoor wrote: "Beautiful. Deepika Padukone, Meghna Gulzar and the entire team deserve to be given credit for this remarkably accurate visual portrayal."
Filmmaker Rahul Dholakia wrote: "How inspiring, interesting - more power to you gutsy ladies Deepika and Meghna - love and wishes."