- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Anjali on a new high?
After receiving a positive response for her look in her upcoming film ‘Nishabdham’, pretty actress Anjali has reportedly jacked up her pay cheque.
After receiving a positive response for her look in her upcoming film 'Nishabdham', pretty actress Anjali has reportedly jacked up her pay cheque.
"She is demanding Rs 75 lakh for a role," says a producer, who approached her for a movie and adds "She wanted to listen to the script and only then, she would sign on the dotted line, but surely she is demanding a big pay cheque," he informs.
He claims that her last few films like 'Shankarabharanam' and 'Chitrangada' crashed at the box office and she has done an item number in 'Sarrainodu'.
"Right now, she is not in the reckoning hence her hike in remuneration wasn't justified.
Agreed that she is talented and good looking too, but now-a-days lady-oriented movies are not in big demand. So we are looking for an alternative actress," he informs.
Anjali, who did mostly Tamil movies, made her mark in Telugu with big movies like 'Seethamma Vakitlo..,' 'Balupu' and 'Geethanjali,' is now busy shooting for her upcoming multi-lingual film in United States of America, wherein she plays a cop.
No doubt, the actress has shed flab and looking fit in the look revealed by the makers of 'Nishabdham'.
In an earlier interview, she ruled out getting married in near future and said she would be focusing more on movies.
Nonetheless, if she has to sign more Telugu movies, she has to seek reasonable pay than fancy amounts because woman-centric movies lost their sheen.