- Days after Silkyara tunnel rescue op, U'khand CM calls on PM, discusses several projects
- India's energy requirement set to double by end of this decade: Mukesh Ambani
- No property tax for rural residential areas in Delhi: MCD Mayor
- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
- Govt ready for structured debates in Winter Session: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Joshi
- Congress writes to PM Modi for implementation of Mandal Commission recommendations in Deemed varsities
- ED has filed its first chargesheet against AAP leader Sanjay Singh
- Ensure no further construction takes place adjacent to Ganga: SC to Bihar govt
Shraddha Kapoor supports #LockdownZoos initiative
Actress Shraddha Kapoor's love and affection towards animals is known to many. Now she has shared a post on her social media to support the #LockdownZoos initiative
Actress Shraddha Kapoor's love and affection towards animals is known to many. Now she has shared a post on her social media to support the #LockdownZoos initiative.
Shraddha shared a poem on her social media from the perspective of a caged animal, talking about freedom and life outside of zoos.
"A lot of us are feeling anxious and 'caged' during this lockdown. Imagine being taken away from your family, your home and being locked up for your entire life?" she began her post.
"Animals have feelings just like us. They get depressed when separated from their natural habitats and loved ones. Why should we believe that we have the right to take away their freedom?"
#ZooBandhKaro - https://t.co/7FX2LnTDxV— Shraddha (@ShraddhaKapoor) May 15, 2020
इस लॉकडाउन के दौरान हम में से बहुत से लोग चिंतित और पराधीन महसूस कर रहे हैं। कल्पना कीजिए की आपको अपने परिवार और घर से दूर रखा जाए तथा अपने पूरे जीवन काल के लिए जेल में बंद कर दिया जाए तो आपको कैसा महसूस होगा?
She also shared why she chose to support the initiative.
"When @shazamorani asked me to be a part of this cause, I immediately jumped on board because I realized I could lend my voice to those who don't have one. Animals can't speak for themselves, we need to become their voice. I would truly hope that all of you do the same," she wrote.
"'Until one loves an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened' - Anatole France," she concluded.