How to fill detailed application form
UPSC has announced Civils prelims results. The candidates qualified for Mains have to fill in the detailed application form online between August 1-16.
UPSC has announced Civils prelims results. The candidates qualified for Mains have to fill in the detailed application form online between August 1-16. UPSC has given the details in the website –under the head- know how to fill Detailed Application Form (DAF).
The examination dates for Civils mains 2019 are as follows
11845 candidates have been short listed for writing Mains examinations
Filling Up Of Detailed Application Form I
The candidates who have been declared successful have to first get themselves registered on the relevant page of the website – https: // upscsonline.nic.in- before filling up the online DAF I. They are further advised to refer to the rules of civil services examination 2019 published in the Gazette of India (extra ordinary ) of Department of personnel & training dated 19-02-19.
The e-admit card along with the timetable will be uploaded on the website for the eligible candidates around 3-4 weeks before the commencement of the examination. The marks cut off marks and answer keys of screening test held through Civil services Prelims examination will be uploaded only after the entire process of examinations are over.
The detailed application form is to be filled carefully. The first seven columns deal with Date of birth, address, telephone number, mobile number , postal address, gender, marital status, citizenship, Nationality, Mother tongue and place of birth. 8th column is about community (necessary certificate issue date is to be mentioned). 9th column is about disability if any. 10th column is about examination centre. Candidate cannot change it later. UPSC can allot any other centre according to their convenience. 11th is bench mark disability, Indian language Paper A (normally Telugu) and optional subject for paper VI &VII. 12th is Language medium for paper I to V and B) paper VI to VII (English/Hindi/ Telugu or any other language) D) language medium for Interview. UPSC has allowed candidates to give the interview in the regional language also- Telugu. They will provide a translator for the benefit of candidate. I had the opportunity of being a translator in 2011 interviews for Telugu candidates. 13th is about is about details of parents, their jobs, income etc.
14th column is about educational qualifications commencing with matriculation or equivalent examination till graduation. The details to be provided are examination passed, class/ division, percentage of marks, year of passing, subjects, name of the institution, and name of the board/university. Higher educational qualifications after graduation are to be provided separately. 15th is about your employment.
16th column deals with prizes, medals received, sports/NCC, leadership, extracurricular activities. In the interview there will be questions on this aspect.
17th column is important. It is about your native state. The allotment of the cadre is decided on this.
18. All the candidates who qualify for personality test/interview on the basis of result of Civil services (Main) Examination 2019 will be required to submit their order of preferences for Zone(s)/ State (S) / cadre for (IAS?IPS) through an addendum to the detailed application form. This addendum will be made available to thee qualified candidates of the written examination (Civils services Main examination 2019)
19. All the candidates who qualify for personality test/interview on the basis of result of Mains examination 2019 will be required to submit their order of preferences for participating services through an addendum to DAF. This addendum to DAF will be made available to the qualified candidates of the written examination Mains 2019.
21. Previous examinations appeared
22. No of attempts given
23. Details of examination in which you have appeared including prelims, 2019. It starts from 2016 to 2019.
24. Previous posts selected and details.
25th is about payment of fee. Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs 200 either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using Net banking facility of SBI by using Visa/ Master/ Rupay credit/Debit card. Female/Sc/ ST/PwBD candidates are exempted from making any fee.
26th is Photo identity card of Adhar.
27. List of scanned documents to be uploaded by the candidate. They include date of birth, caste certificate, educational qualifications, and Photo identity card.
Page number 8 is declaration to be signed by the candidate.
Page 9 & 10 are summary sheet for office use by UPSC.
While filling up this form candidate should be more careful. The column- other extra curricular activities and interests such as hobbies etc is to be filled with utmost care. It is the stepping stone for success. The interview carries 275 marks. The questions are posed on the hobbies. Most of the candidates write about playing cricket/ TV watching? Book reading. They do not have fundamental knowledge on these subjects and at the interview they fail to answer properly. So they should mention hobbies which they are comfortable to reply in the interview. Take few minutes of your time and consult your seniors before filling this column. There will be lot of questions based on your educational qualifications also and the posts you have served prior to the interview.