How to protect your Tresses and skin from Harsh colors this holi
Holi is just around the corner and who doesn't like to play? Going wild with colors is very much the essence of Holi; While color is the essence of Holi; the skin-friendly natural colors used a decade ago have now been replaced by synthetic colors that may have dangerous effects.
Holi is just around the corner and who doesn't like to play? Going wild with colors is very much the essence of Holi; While color is the essence of Holi; the skin-friendly natural colors used a decade ago have now been replaced by synthetic colors that may have dangerous effects. With a few preparatory steps, you can protect yourself from synthetic colors and dyes.
1. Cover most parts of your body: Wear long sleeves and full length bottoms to protect your skin. Make sure what you wear during festival covers the maximum of your body so that there will be less of skin exposed. Preferably, wear polo shirts or full- sleeved shirts and old trousers or denims.
2. Apply cold cream or oil to your exposed body parts: Apply Vaseline, olive oil, coconut oil, mustard oil on your exposed body parts like your face and hands before and after playing with colors. The grease and slipperiness of the oil will not let the harsh colors settle deep into your skin.
3. Wear protective glasses: While playing Holi, protecting your eyes is very important so wearing even an old pair of sunglasses is a good idea as that even looks fashionable! Always, wash your eyes clean with cold water and if there is some kind of irritation after few hours of playing Holi, see an eye specialist.
4. Apply Nail Polish: To keep your nails safe from the dangerous effects of colors, you should apply nail polish on the them and also trim long nails.
5. Avoid wearing white or light colored clothes: As these clothes absorb more amount of color and they might appear transparent when these clothes become wet so women especially should avoid wearing such clothes.
6. Never rub your face forcibly to remove colors: Once you have enjoyed playing Holi comes the most difficult part of removing colors off your body and face, you should never try rubbing your face or skin vigorously as it will not help you removing in colors but will cause more damage to your skin. Don't panic if the color's don't get off, it will come off eventfully with each shower.
7. Apply oil to the length of your hair thoroughly:Before playing Holi it's important that you thoroughly apply oil to your hair so the colors don't stick to your hair and can be removed easily.
- Tharoor calls BJP a 'sinking ship' as it swings into celebratory mode
- Delhi HC reserves order on CBI's plea seeking extension to complete Asthana probe
- Soldier killed in training event accident near LoC
- Five of family killed in road accident in Odisha
- Rahul dubs exit polls as false, asks partymen to remain vigil