- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Laylat-ul-Qadr - The Night of Power
Authentic hadiths say Laylat-ul-Qadr happens in the last 10 days of Ramadan (in an odd night).
The night of Decree is better than a thousand months" Quran (97:3).
The night of Laylat-ul-Qadr, the Night of Decree in Ramadan is of great significance. The first verses of the Holy Quran were revealed to Prophet Muhammad on this divine night. Angels descend in this night. This night is better than a thousand months. When you do good deeds on this night, it's equivalent to the good deeds you did for almost 1000 months or 83 years. Don't miss it!
I remember my paternal grandmother describing the holy night as the most pleasant one; she said it would be neither hot nor cold. She made us believe that trees and even buildings would bow to the ground as if they are in prayer during the great night.
Authentic hadiths say Laylat-ul-Qadr happens in the last 10 days of Ramadan (in an odd night). There is a strong scholarly opinion that it is mostly on 25th, 27th or 29th night of the Ramadan. Muslims take the chance to double up their prayers during the last 10 days of the holy month.
People also perform the umrah during these last 10 days. Umrah packages during this month will cost as much as Haj package.
Observe these activities during Lailatul Qadr
♦ I'tikaf in the Masjid
♦ Pray Tahajjud
♦ Recite the Quran
♦Special Dua recommended by our Prophet
Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun, tuhibbul-'afwa, fa'fu 'anni
O Allah, You are Most Forgiving, and You love forgiveness; so forgive me
The Holy Quran says:
"Indeed, We sent the Qur'an down during the Night of Decree. And what can make you know what is the Night of Decree? The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter. Peace is until the emergence of dawn."