- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Robber arrested, gold worth Rs 55 lakh seized
The Central Crime Branch has arrested a man who was recently involved in a robbery in the city and recovered gold worth 55 lakh
Bengaluru: The Central Crime Branch has arrested a man who was recently involved in a robbery in the city and recovered gold worth 55 lakh. The accused identified as Ravi Shankar (25) from Chandra Nagar here, was involved in several cases, the police said.
"Investigations revealed that the accused targeted the jewellery shops. He committed many robberies in different police station limits across the city. His arrest has brought down the curtains on robberies in the city and recovery of gold worth Rs 55 lakh and 31 kg silver," a senior police said. According to reports, Ravi Shankar's arrest helped police solve seven robbery cases in areas like KP Puram, Electronic City, Yeshwanth Pura, Hanumanth Nagar.