- Chinese scientists develop novel gene editing jab to 'reverse' autism
- Actor Arvind Krishna shines at the International 3BL Basketball league
- Ruckus in Bengal assembly as BJP stages walkout over closed tea gardens
- 30-year old worker plunges to death from Thane Metro bridge
- Public sector banks wrote off loans worth Rs 3.66 lakh crore in last three fiscal years
- 54% Indian consumers fall for 'too good to be true' scams during festive season: Report
- It’s a lie that God lives in the sky: AiR Atman in Ravi shares his learning with Anupam Kher
- Putin visits UAE; likely to discuss Ukraine & Gaza wars
- Racing teaches you precision, calculation, planning & execution
- Shane Watson appointed as Quetta Gladiators head coach
Heartfulness Institutes Yoga event tomorrow
On the occasion of 5th International Yoga Day, Heartfulness Institute (www.heartfulness.org) is organizing an event at People's Plaza, Necklace Road from 6 am to 9 am on June 21.
Khairatabad: On the occasion of 5th International Yoga Day, Heartfulness Institute (www.heartfulness.org) is organizing an event at People's Plaza, Necklace Road from 6 am to 9 am on June 21. In line with the UN theme for IDY 2019 'Climate Action,' the event will not only focus on yoga and meditation but also on creating awareness on sustainability.
There is no fee to participate in the event and residents and other visitors to the city are encouraged to take part in the event. The event is scheduled to be inaugurated by Srinivas Goud, Minister of Prohibition and Excise; Sports and Youth Services; Tourism; Culture and Archaeology.
International Day of Yoga is a day to celebrate the authentic origin of yoga, to recognize that Yoga provides a holistic approach to health and well-being. This year Heartfulness institute associates with CII, World Wildlife Fund (WWF), DocOnline, Freyr Energy , Yogabar, AIESEC and ICSI to bring the power and benefits of yoga to a wider audience.
Kamlesh D Patel (affectionately called Daaji), the Global Guide of Heartfulness, said, "Yoga refers to the joining of the lower consciousness with the higher consciousness. Yoga plays a catalytic role in our lives, as it is not just an exercise but a path to expand a person's spiritual energy and overall potential. Heartfulness Institute is delighted to offer platforms, events and programs for Yoga and Meditation across the globe to make yoga a part of the daily lives of people and like all things in nature is offered free of cost to seekers"
The morning activity includes a series of yoga asana's guided by renowned experts, breathing techniques, posture exercises and Heartfulness meditation amongst other yoga techniques. Speakers associated with Sustainability causes would be talking about the issue at hand and how the citizens can take part in bringing about a change to combat the same.
Heartfulness (www.heartfulness.org), is a Raja Yoga system of meditation, which is also known as 'Sahaj Marg', or the 'Natural Path.' It originated at the turn of the 20th century and was formalised with the founding of the Shri Ram Chandra Mission in 1945 in India.
With over a million practitioners worldwide, Heartfulness meditation is a set of practices for self-development that help one find inner calm and stillness in our fast-paced world. The easily adopted practices are appropriate for people from all walks of life, cultures, religious beliefs and economic status, over the age of fifteen.