- Palestinian death toll rises to 29,410
- IRCTC ties up with Swiggy Foods for meals on trains
- Excise policy case: Delhi court extends Manish Sisodia's judicial custody
- Samyukta Kisan Morcha to hold tractor march on Feb 26, 'mahapanchayat' in Delhi on March 14
- IIT Hyderabad and JICA unite to nourish Design Innovation JICA Chair Lecture Series concludes successfully
- Imran wants IMF aid to Pakistan stalled over 'rigged' elections
- Transformative Collaboration: ASIP and IIT Hyderabad Forge Path for IC Packaging & Testing Education and Innovation
- YouTube Offers Free 3-Month Premium Subscription Plan: How to Avail
- Need to deepen economic engagement with India: Albanian Foreign Minister
- Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma Renounces VIP Movement Privileges To Prioritize Common Citizens
Hyderabad: Prof Ainul Hasan new MANUU Vice-Chancellor
Noted Persian scholar Prof Syed Ainul Hasan is the new Vice-Chancellor of Maulana Azad National Urdu University
Gachibowli: Noted Persian scholar Prof Syed Ainul Hasan is the new Vice-Chancellor of Maulana Azad National Urdu University. According to a communication received from the Union Education Ministry to the varsity, the President in his capacity as the Visitor of MANUU appointed Prof Hasan, as the fifth VC of MANUU for a five-year term.
Prof Ainul Hasan is a professor, Persian & Central Asian Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Earlier, he also served as the Dean, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, JNU. He is also the president, All-India Persian Scholars' Association. He has more than 34 years of teaching experience and produced 87 research scholars.
A visiting professor of Rutgers State University, New Jersey (US) under Fulbright, Prof Hasan authored 13 books. He is a specialist in Indo-Iran, Indo-Arab relations and comparative literature.
Prof S M Rahmatullah, In-charge VC and Prof Siddiqui Mohd Mahmood, Registrar I/c, congratulated Prof Hasan on his appointment. They hoped that under his leadership MANUU will attain new heights of academic excellence.