- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Patancheru: Wheelchairs distributed to govt hostel inmates
Sangareddy District Collector Hanumantha Rao on Wednesday asked the disabled to be bold and brave to overcome challenges of physical disabilities.
Patancheru: Sangareddy District Collector Hanumantha Rao on Wednesday asked the disabled to be bold and brave to overcome challenges of physical disabilities.
He was speaking after distributing wheelchairs costing Rs 2.5 lakh to 18 physically challenged inmates of the Champapet government hostel under the auspices of the Winners Foundation, at BDL Community Hall, as part of the 'Atmeeya Seva' programme'.
He called upon the people to take up social service activities with a humane spirit. Rao lauded the foundation for being in the forefront of social service, while expressing his readiness to cooperate in taking its activities beyond the district.
Among those present on the occasion were BDL Executive Director Shivanand, AGM Koteswar Rao, founder of the foundation Venkatrami Reddy, president Raghu, District Welfare Officer Padmavati, District Science Officer Vijayakumar.