- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Telangana: JNTU Hyderabad postpones all the exams to be conducted today amid heavy rains
- The downpour which started at 8 am is still continuing. The effect of the rain has fell on the conduction of exams. Authorities have decided to postpone the exams scheduled to be held in JNTU Hyderabad today (Monday) due to heavy rains.
- It is known that heavy rains continue to lash in two Telugu states due to Gulab cyclone.
Meanwhile, Hyderabad city is drenched in rain from Monday morning. The downpour which started at 8 am is still continuing. The effect of the rain has fell on the conduction of exams. Authorities have decided to postpone the exams scheduled to be held in JNTU Hyderabad today (Monday) due to heavy rains.
The decision was announced in the morning suddenly and the authorities have decided to postpone the B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and M.Tech examinations to be held under JNTUH. A statement has been issued in this regard. It said the schedule of the postponed exams would be finalized soon. Meanwhile, officials have made it clear that they will conduct the tests as scheduled from tomorrow.
The meteorological department has forecasted heavy rains in Hyderabad in the next 4-5 hours as it has already been raining non-stop in Hyderabad since this morning. Apart from the city, Khammam, Warangal, Hanumakonda, Mahabubabad, Karimnagar, Jagityal, Peddapalli, Siddipet, Yadadri Bhuvanagiri, Sangareddy, Medak, Nirmal, Nizamabad, Nalagonda, Rangareddy, Suryapeta, Adilabad and Mancherial districts are likely to receive showers, officials said.