- MWC 2024: Samsung Displayed OLED Cling Band: A Futuristic smartphone and a smartwatch
- Bishop Jayarao Polimera, Head of the Roman Catholic emphasises youth should have talent
- GVMC mayor lays foundation stone for development works in Maddilapalem
- Kotamreddy confident of hattrick victory
- MVV Satyanarayana lays foundation stone for Varasiddhi Vinayaka Durga Polamamba Temple in Vizag
- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
Water woes of schools, hostels and hospitals to go
District Collector Ayesha Masrat Khanam on Thursday directed the officials concerned to supply water to government schools, hostels and hospitals under Mission Bhagiratha scheme.
Vikarabad: District Collector Ayesha Masrat Khanam on Thursday directed the officials concerned to supply water to government schools, hostels and hospitals under Mission Bhagiratha scheme. She said she would hold review on this programme every week.
She also directed the district medical and health officer to provide toilet facility to female staff of PHCs. Earlier, she took part in the video conference conducted by Chief Secretary SK Joshi on containing pollution, solid waste management, bio-medical waste etc.
The Collector also ordered the officials of Pollution Control Board to contain the pollution in Tandur, which was on the rise due to stone crushing, cutting, polishing etc. She told the officials to prepare model dumping yard at Tandur within a week.
Police and transport departments should work in coordination and intensify checking of vehicles causing air pollution. She also ordered measures for segregation of dry and wet waste in rural areas.