- A vocal minority today, Indians first arrived in a hostile Canada in 1902
- Bernadine Bezuidenhout ruled out of New Zealand's women's tour of South Africa
- Botsa Satyanarayana says ED made arrests first in skill development scam
- National Singles Day
- Lankan PM Dinesh Gunawardhana urged to operate daily flights to Hyderabad
- Fitness expert’s strategies for a pain-free life
- Rangareddy District Collector Collector Harish reviews development projects in Ibrahimpatnam
- Baljeet Kaur’s journey to heights
- Rangareddy: Congress vows to take six guarantees to every household
- Apple shares solution for the iPhone 15 Pro discolouration issue
Khammam: Ponguleti to decide future course of action today
The former MP will meet with his supporters in Khammam today
Khammam: Former MP and BRS suspended leader Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy is convening a crucial meeting with his supporters here on Friday. He is all set to make his decision on his political journey after holding discussions with them.
Ponguleti has conducted Athmeeya Sammelanam programmes across the district’s 10 assembly segments. At every meeting, he challenged the BRS government and warned that he would strive to defeat the BRS leaders in the upcoming elections. He is yet to reveal his mind on which party he would be joining. He would first elicit opinions from his supporters to take a call on the next course of action.
Ponguleti was wooed by both the Congress and the BJP leaders, but he has not made up his mind yet. Following the results of the Karnataka state elections, it is learnt that a large number of his supporters want him to join the Congress. According to them, the Congress party, which is strong in the district, will trounce the BRS party at the hustings in the district.
He is keen that whichever party he joins should accommodate his supporters and give tickets to them in the upcoming assembly elections. His followers are hopeful that he would speak his mind to them as the elections are just a few months away.