- After Telangana polls, it’s time for Singareni elections
- SAT breather for Ambani in RPL case
- Australia's central bank keeps cash rate unchanged
- $5-trn GDP early in Amrit Kaal
- Maha Tourism organises roadshow in Hyderabad
- Sodhi confident of New Zealand’s readiness ahead of the Mirpur Test
- IIT-K bags Best Assisted Technology Initiatives at ATF Awards 2023
- Dell empowers 2 mn Indians in digital skills, to expand further
- Stop guessing! Use an inflation calculator for investment success
- Mulugu SP alerts people amid heavy rains due to cyclone Michaung
Tirupati : CPI condemns arrest of leaders
Condemning the arrest of CPI leaders K Narayana and others, the party leaders and activists staged a dharna at Gandhi statue near RTC bus stand here on Monday.
Tirupati : Condemning the arrest of CPI leaders K Narayana and others, the party leaders and activists staged a dharna at Gandhi statue near RTC bus stand here on Monday.
They raised slogans against the government and police for preventing peaceful protest led by CPI national secretary K Narayana, district secretary Ramanaidu along with hundreds of farmers at the Collectorate on Monday and taking them into custody.
The communist leaders demanded uniform compensation to all farmers, who lost their fertile lands for the construction of highways. They threatened the government that they will obstruct ongoing highway works if it failed to provide uniform compensation to all farmers.
CPI leaders Viswanath, Murali, K Radhakrishna, KY Raja, Padmanabhareddy, Balaram and others were present.