- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Tirupati: Railway Minister Piyush Goyal worships Lord Balaji
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal along with his spouse offered prayers to Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala temple on Sunday morning.
Tirumala: Railway Minister Piyush Goyal along with his spouse offered prayers to Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala temple on Sunday morning.
Finance Minister B Raendranath Reddy, Tirupati MP M Gurumoorthy accompanied the Union Minister.
On his arrival, the Union Minister was accorded a grand reception by Additional Executive Officer A V Dharma Reddy and temple priests escorted him to the sanctum sanctorum.
After darshan, the Union Minister was rendered Vedashirvachanam by Vedic pundits and was presented Srivari Thirtha prasadams and a laminated photo of Lord Venkateswara.
TUDA chairman and TTD Trust Board Ex-officio Member Chevireddy Bhaskar Reddy, Temple Dy EO Harindranath and TTD officials were present.
Goyal later offered prayers to Goddess Padmavathi in Tiruchanoor.
On his arrival at the main entrance of the temple, he was accorded a warm welcome in a traditional manner by temple priests and officials led by Joint Executive Officer Sada Bhargavi.
The Union Minister along with his family offered prayers to Goddess Padmavathi. Subsequently, he was offered prasadams.
Local BJP leaders including Shakti Kendras city in-charge Gundala Gopinath Reddy and others made a courtesy call on the Union Minister at the temple before his departure from here.