- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
TTD to donate cows to temples
Tirupati: As part of promoting Sanathana Dharma, the TTD decided to donate cows to temples and Hindu religious institutions.
Tirupati: As part of promoting Sanathana Dharma, the TTD decided to donate cows to temples and Hindu religious institutions. A decision to this effect was taken in the Hindu Dharma Prachara Parishad (HDPP) Executive meeting held in Tirumala on Thursday. TTD Chairman Y V Subba Reddy and Anil Kumar Singhal said to begin with 28 temples in AP, Telangana and Karnataka will be selected for cow donation taken up on pilot basis and later expanded to cover more temples and Mutts and Vedapatasalas.
The temples which received donation have to take the responsibility of cow care, they said adding that a display board also should be put up by the temples on TTD donation of the cow.
The pilot project will be jointly implemented by TTD HDPP and SV Gosamrakshanasala which will take up the implementation of the donation of cows 13 to AP one temple in each district, 10 temples to Telangana where one cow each to the ten old districts and five temples in Karnataka. HDPP secretary Rajagopalan S V Gosamrakshanadala director Haranatha Reddy and others attended.