- PM Modi reaches Cuttack to meet train accident victims
- World Bicycle Day: Facts about bicycles and cycling
- International Bicycle Day: History, Importance, use of bicycles earlier and at present
- Amazon to use AI to check damaged products before shipping
- ‘NBK 108’ makers promises bombarding updates on Balayya’s birthday
- Mamata Banerjee demands proper probe into cause of Odisha train accident
- Now, its Centre's turn to create 2 cr jobs as promised: DK Shivakumar
- Odisha train tragedy: Restoration work begins, says Vaishnaw
- Two buses caught fire in separate incidents in Hyderabad
- Man held for selling adulterated mustard seeds in Hyderabad
Meet on child cardiac diseases begins
A two-day international child cardiac live workshop on congenital heart diseases started at Andhra Hospitals here on Friday. BCCI selection committee chairman MSK Prasad inaugurated the live workshop on the hospital premises.
Vijayawada: A two-day international child cardiac live workshop on congenital heart diseases started at Andhra Hospitals here on Friday. BCCI selection committee chairman MSK Prasad inaugurated the live workshop on the hospital premises.
Cardiac surgeon Dilip, paediatric cardiologist Vikram of Andhra Hospital and senior paediatric cardiac surgeon Prem from Australia led the team of England and Australian doctors respectively.
The workshop mainly concentrated on complex congenital heart diseases of children with complex Petrology of fallot surgeries. Cardiac surgeons from various parts of India attended the workshop on the first day to update their skills. They also clarified their doubts by interacting with senior cardiac surgeons who were performing the complex cardiac surgeries.
Speaking on the occasion, hospital MD Dr PV Ramana Murthy said they have organised 18 children cardiac surgical camps in association with Healing Little Hearts, UK and successfully performed 800 children heart surgeries. He congratulated Rotary Club of Vijayawada for giving support to some of the camps.
Dr PV Rama Rao, chief of children services said that they performed child cardiac surgeries with 99 per cent success rate with the support of neonatal paediatric intensive care and cardiac teams. MSK Prasad congratulated the cardiac team of doctors and praised the services done by the hospital on the occasion.
Dr Srimannarayana, Dr Ramesh, Dr Venugopal, Dr Krishna Prasad and Australian team of Doctors Dr Nayanshetty, Dr Naveen Raj, Dr Gopinath, Dr Mahesh, Dr Anuradha Julie, Octavia and others were present.