- ISRO gears up for navigational satellite launch today
- New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
- Hyderabad: DRDO assures all support to make India a net defence exporter
- CPI asks Bandi sanjay to control his mouth, says People will not let BJP enter Telangana
- BRS demands BJP MPs to release white paper on their contribution for Telangana development
- AP needs to adopt Telangana model for development: Thota Chandrashekar
- Hyderabad: KCR stresses need to preserve Vedic values
- Woman sets husband ablaze in Sangareddy
Vijayawada: Collector Md Imtiaz felicitates chess champion Koneru Humpy
The district administration felicitated Women’s World Rapid Chess Champion, international grandmaster, Padma Shri and Arjuna Awardee Koneru Humpy for receiving the sportswoman of the decade award from the sports magazine Sportstar in the individual non-Olympic category
Vijayawada: The district administration felicitated Women's World Rapid Chess Champion, international grandmaster, Padma Shri and Arjuna Awardee Koneru Humpy for receiving the sportswoman of the decade award from the sports magazine Sportstar in the individual non-Olympic category.
Koneru Humpy along with her father and coach Ashok paid a courtesy call on the District Collector Md Imtiaz on Tuesday. Imtiaz presented a shawl to the chess champion and recalled her achievements.
He said that she brought fame to Krishna district and the country by winning several international awards. He presented 'Covid Musings' penned by him stating that she deserves to receive a copy of the book.
Dronacharya awardee Koneru Ashok said that it was a happy moment that Humpy received the Sportswoman of the Decade Award. She is one among the five sportspersons in the country to receive the award, he said.
Ashok informed the media that Humpy achieved eligibility to participate in the women grand pre-finale to be held in England in May this year.