- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Left unions call for defeat of Modi, BJP
CPM, CITU leaders stage a protest against the ‘anti-people’ policies of the BJP govt at the Centre
Srikakulam: CPM and its affiliated trade union CITU called upon people to defeat Narendra Modi and BJP in the next elections to save the nation. On the occasion of Quit India anniversary on Wednesday, they staged an agitation at the collectoratehere along withfarmers and workers unions.
Speaking on the occasion, the leaders explained that one should get inspiration from the Quit India movementand ensure ‘quit Modi’ and ‘quit BJP’ by defeating the saffron party in coming elections. TheCPM, CITU and its affiliated unions leaders DGovinda Rao, PTejeswaraRao, ChAmmannaidu and others lamented that the BJP government at the Center was acting as “a broker” for the corporate and business interests by pursuing anti-poor, anti-workers and anti-farmers policies. The BJP government turned a sales agent for corporate and businesspeople and proposed to sell all public sector units thus causing harm tothe workers and people, they said. It is nothing but looting of publicmoney and cheating of people, the said.