- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
Fake currency busted in Prakasam district
The fake currency circulation has created a flutter in Ongole of Prakasam district.
Ongole: The fake currency circulation has created a flutter in Ongole of Prakasam district. The incident came into light when a person cheated a dairy organizer over the exchange of small denomination notes for nearly Rs 31,000.
According to the sources, Raja Venkata Subba Reddy is operating Dodla dairy near local vegetable market here in the town. On Thursday night, a man approached him and said he has currency notes for which he need change and told that he is having Rs 34,000 of five hundred notes and want to exchange for the change.
Believing him, Venkata Subba Reddy has given Rs 100 notes. In return, the man has given 68 notes of Rs 500 denomination and took the hundred rupees notes from him. As the dairy owner said to count the currency once, for which the man said he would count them on the machine.
After he left, Reddy checked the notes and found the same number on them. After the close examination, the currency was seen as a colour xerox of Rs 500 note. Immediately, he rushed to the One Town Police station and lodged a complaint and surrendered the fake currency. The accused has cheated the dairy owner for Rs 31,000. Upon receiving the complaint, the police have registered a case, examining the CCTV footage and investigating further.