- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
12 Indians among 17 killed in Dubai bus accident
At least 12 Indians travelling in a bus from Oman to Dubai died in a fatal crash late on Thursday
Dubai: At least 12 Indians travelling in a bus from Oman to Dubai died in a fatal crash late on Thursday. Seventeen people were killed in the crash.
The Dubai police said the bus was carrying 31 people when it "overrun a traffic signal" near the Rashidiya exit.
The bus crashed into a height barrier, which slashed the rear window, cut into the left side of the bus and killed passengers sitting on that side.
"We are sorry to inform that as per local authorities and relatives it is so far confirmed that 8 Indians have passed away in the bus accident," the Indian Consulate in Dubai tweeted.
The death toll later increased to 12. The Indian Consulate expressed condolences to the families of those who passed away in this tragic accident.