- Studies show no safe air quality threshold exists for heart & lung health
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli's Son Akaay: Is He an Indian or British Citizen? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Several YSRCP leaders join TDP in Dharmavaram
- MP Poonamben Maadam bids farewell to Rambhakts by flagging off Aastha Train
- Calcutta HC grants bail to scribe arrested from Sandeshkhali, raps police for being hyper-active
- Former minister Dr. Palle Raghunath Reddy flays YSRCP govt.
- 'Aim for global leadership', PM Modi hails Amul's contribution
- Greece sees India playing a key role in world peace and security
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments on Fan Video, Promises Meet-Up for 90% in Exams
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju’s CEO amid court order
6 killed, 17 wounded in three bombings in Iraq
At least six civilians were killed and 17 others wounded on Tuesday in three bombing attacks in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, an Interior Ministry official said.
Baghdad: At least six civilians were killed and 17 others wounded on Tuesday in three bombing attacks in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, an Interior Ministry official said.
"The latest reports said that a total of six people were killed and 17 others wounded in the three bomb explosions in the evening in Baghdad," the official said on the condition of anonymity.
In one attack, a motorcycle bomb was detonated at a popular market in the al-Shaab neighbourhood in northeastern Baghdad, killing six people and wounding nine others, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Another blast occurred when a bomb went off in the al-Baiyaa neighbourhood in southwestern Baghdad, wounding four people.
A third bomb ripped through the al-Baladiyat neighbourhood in eastern the capital, leaving four more people wounded.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attacks, but the Islamic State (IS) militant group, in many cases, claimed the terror attacks targeting security forces and ther areas where crowds of people gather, including markets, cafes and mosques in Iraq.
Though the security situation in Iraq has dramatically improved after Iraqi security forces defeated IS in late 2017, terror attacks have been occurring from time to time in the country, which has been hit recently by widespread protests against the government.