- NCC cadets begin adventure ride on horseback
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- 82.99% attendance recorded for APPSC Group-II exams
- Women entrepreneurs revolutionising India’s start-up scene
- AITS students make a prototype of double pedal operated auto
- Technology & personalised learning in education sector
- 5 top AR applications for Android users
- IIT Kanpur, NMTronics India to launch manufacturing & skills development centre
- 23.75 cr new critical care block to come up at Ruia hospital
- Urvashi Rautela's Rs 3 Crore Birthday Cake Raises Eyebrows: Yo Yo Honey Singh's Lavish Gesture
Democrats fighting to take down duly elected prez: Jon Voight on Trump impeachment inquiry
Veteran actor and Conservative supporter Jon Voight says it is a "crime" on the part of Democrats to call for an impeachment investigation against US President Donald Trump.
Los Angeles: Veteran actor and Conservative supporter Jon Voight say it is a "crime" on the part of Democrats to call for an impeachment investigation against US President Donald Trump.
The 80-year-old actor, who is a vocal Trump advocate, said the Opposition is still having a tough time accepting defeat in the 2016 presidential elections. "I feel that the Democrats are trying to find ways to take down this president. I think it's a crime - period.
"I think they can't accept the election results (in 2016) that happened. With Hilary (Clinton) losing, they still can't accept it. They are fighting to take down a duly elected president of the United States," Voight told Variety. The actor was speaking at the world premiere of "Maleficent: Mistress of Evil", which stars his daughter, actor Angelina Jolie in the title role.
The Democratic-led House of Representatives launched an official impeachment inquiry this week accusing Trump of a "mafia-like shakedown" of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky aimed at damaging his potential 2020 White House challenger, Joe Biden. Voight defended Trump, saying, "I'm for Donald Trump and I will continue to support him."