- Sharp acceleration in disruptive forces likely across sectors, including two-wheelers, IT services
- Self-Injury Awareness Day 2024: Learn the Signs, Offer Support, Save Lives
- Dublin-based Medtronic Establishes R&D Growth Centre in Hyderabad
- Defence Ministry inks MoUs worth Rs 39,125cr to procure military equipment
- Green's ton vindicates selectors' decision to stick him in at no. 4: Hockley
- Foundation stone of Sindri fertiliser plant was laid in 2018, PM Modi inaugurated today
- Appeal to all not to create cult of violence: Kerala Guv after meeting dead student's family
- ED discussing with CBI, NIA ways to get Shahjahan in central agency custody: Sources
- Savouring Goodness: SpiceJet's in-flight hot-spicy-healthy cuisine with a noble cause
- Blast in Bengaluru cafe, five injured
Heavy snowfall disrupts traffic in Istanbul
Heavy snowfall has hit here, disrupting the land and the sea traffic.
Istanbul: A heavy snowfall has hit here, disrupting the land and the sea traffic. The snowfall blanketed the city during morning rush hours Wednesday, gripping many residents on their way to offices, Xinhua reported.
Traffic was soon paralysed in the metropolis due to blizzards and ice on the roads.
Video footage aired by local media showed that many citizens got off public transport vehicles and walked.
The visibility distance on the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge, which links the city's European and Asian sides, dropped to as low as 10 metres, local median reported.
Several ferry services between Istanbul and the neighboring province of Bursa were suspended due to bad weather conditions.
Local authorities are expecting the snowfall, which hit the city from Saturday evening, to leave the region Wednesday.