- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Singapore reports 18,597 new Covid-19 cases
Singapore reported 18,597 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 on Friday, bringing the total tally to 679,795.
Singapore: Singapore reported 18,597 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 on Friday, bringing the total tally to 679,795.
Of the new cases, 3,186 cases were detected through PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests and 15,411 through ARTs (antigen rapid tests), according to statistics released by the Ministry of Health.
Among the PCR cases, 3,070 were local transmissions and 116 were imported cases. Among the ART cases with mild symptoms and assessed to be of low risk, there were 15,313 local transmissions and 98 imported cases.
A total of 1,584 cases are currently warded in hospitals, with 46 cases in intensive care units, Xinhua news agency reported.
Eleven more patients have died from complications of the Covid-19 infection, bringing the death toll to 986, the Ministry said.