Actor Prakash Raj files nomination as Independent
South Indian multi-lingual actor Prakash Raj on Friday filed his nomination to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Bangalore Central constituency as an Independent.
Bengaluru:South Indian multi-lingual actor Prakash Raj on Friday filed his nomination to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Bangalore Central constituency as an Independent.
Raj, 53, who hails from this tech city, is a popular actor in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi films.
"National parties like BJP and Congress have failed the people. I would like to be the voice of the people," Raj told the media after filing his nomination.
The actor will be contesting from the seat against BJP's outgoing MP P.C. Mohan, who too filed his nomination from Bangalore Central seat on Friday.
The Congress is yet to announce its candidate from the constituency.
Delhi's ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has announced its support to Prakash Raj.
- Modi's mega swearing-in ceremony likely on May 30
- Maharashtra Lok Sabha poll: BJP move to replace 6 sitting MPs pays off
- Lok-Sabha Results: Congress deserted after favorable verdict for BJP
- Deve Gowda's grandson says he is willing to give up Hassan Lok Sabha seat for grandfather
- After Lok Sabha poll rout, Karnataka cabinet reposes faith in Kumaraswamy