- V-C Manoj of SRM-AP receives Bhaskar Award
- From Dilli to Hyd’bad gulli, urban voter apathy persists
- Telangana will prosper if Congress wins: Vijayashanti
- Guntur: Police arrest agitating BJP leaders
- Finally, light at the end of the tunnel: All 41 workers rescued safely
- Silent period begins: After campaigning ends, parties begin poll micro management
- Marpu Kavali, Congress Ravali: Sonia to voters
- GEF-UNIDO team discusses progress of projects in Vijayawada
- Rajamahendravaram: Tributes paid to Jyotirao on his death anniversary
- Will make Telangana great: Hat-trick seeking KCR turns philosophical
BJP Lawmaker: Now marry fair Kashmiris
A BJP lawmaker explaining the merits of the Centre's move to end special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 offered this appalling point - that party workers could now marry fair women from Kashmir.
Muzaffarnagar: A BJP lawmaker explaining the merits of the Centre's move to end special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 offered this appalling point - that party workers could now marry fair women from Kashmir.
Vikram Saini, UP legislator, is no stranger to controversy. His misogynistic statements have been caught on camera. With the government's Kashmir decision, BJP workers could now go there, buy plots of land and get married, Vikram Saini said on Tuesday at a function at Muzaffarnagar to celebrate the Article 370 move.
"The workers are very excited and those who are bachelors can get married there. There is no issue now. Earlier, there was lot of atrocities on women. If a woman from Kashmir got married to a man from Uttar Pradesh, her citizenship would be revoked."