- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Brothers stabbed to death after fight over alcohol in UP, six held
Two brothers were stabbed to death allegedly by six members of a marriage party after a fight over alcohol took an ugly turn in the Khetasarai area of Jaunpur district.
Jaunpur (UP): Two brothers were stabbed to death allegedly by six members of a marriage party after a fight over alcohol took an ugly turn in the Khetasarai area of Jaunpur district.
The police have arrested all the six accused after a brief encounter.
Shahganj Circle Officer (CO) Shubham Todi said that on Tuesday around 11 p.m., when a wedding procession arrived in Khetasarai town, some guests came near a kiosk run by Ajay Prajapati ,23, and his brother Ankit, 20, and asked for alcohol.
The two brothers got into an altercation with the guests which led to the stabbing, the police officer said.
The brothers were taken to Sadar Hospital where they died during treatment. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, he said.
A case was registered in the matter and all six were arrested within five hours.
Of those arrested, Mukesh Bind, Nishu Bind and Satish Bind received bullet injuries in their legs during the encounter and have been hospitalised, he said.