- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
CAA likely to be implemented from Jan 2021
BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya on Saturday said that the Narendra Modi government is likely to start granting citizenship to refugees from Bangladesh and Pakistan from January 2021, adding that the Centre
Kolkata: BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya on Saturday said that the Narendra Modi government is likely to start granting citizenship to refugees from Bangladesh and Pakistan from January 2021, adding that the Centre.
"We are hopeful that the process of granting citizenship to refugees under the CAA [Citizenship Amendment Act] will begin from January next year," news agency PTI quoted Vijayvargiya as saying.
"The Centre has passed the CAA with the honest intention of granting citizenship to persecuted refugees coming to our country from neighbouring nations," Vijayvargiya told reporters on the sidelines of the party's 'Aar Noy Anyay' (no more injustice) campaign in North 24 Parganas district.
He further said that the BJP are keen to grant citizenship to the large refugee population in West Bengal, news agency PTI reported.
BJP national general-secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya also accused the Trinamool Congress (TMC)-led West Bengal government of not being sympathetic to the cause of the refugees, news agency PTI reported.