ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Chennai: Manja thread slits 3-year-old child's throat

Chennai: Manja thread slits 3-year-old child
Highlights

Unfortunately, though the child was rushed immediately by the onlookers to Stanley Medical College, he could not be saved.

CHENNAI: Kite flying can be a fun activity when done with parental supervision. The penchant for competing and fun can often go wrong if not done carefully. This became the fate of a toddler who became victim for an incident where a manja used for flying kites slit his throat.

On Sunday, in the city of Chennai, a three-year-old child had died after a glass-coated manja thread had slashed his throat.

The child who was sitting on the petrol tank of the motorcycle on a flyover which is located in RK Nagar, a manja thread slit the throat of the child.

Unfortunately, though the child was rushed immediately by the onlookers to Stanley Medical College, he could not be saved.

Adding chemicals and ground glass to the Manja kite threads designed specifically to make it extremely sharp has always been posing a threat to commuters. There have been innumerable campaigns against this because they pose a threat to birds as well. The sharp nature of the threads can end up killing birds and other animals when left unsupervised.

Prohibitory orders have been issued by the police against the sale and use of manja in the year 2015. A case has been filed by the police and are looking for the source of the thread.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top