China says its opposition to blacklist Masood Azhar is just a "technical hold"
- All UNSC members except China are with India on blacklisting Masood Azhar
- China says its opposition to blacklist Masood Azhar is just a "technical hold"
India continued efforts to corner Pakistan and China to make its case on global level even as China continues to stonewall any attempts by United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in formally declaring Masood Azhar as a global terrorist.
An official source said, "The hold by China is not a block. We are optimistic. We will continue to work with everyone. Terrorism is a major issue for China. They know a number of terror groups are based in Pakistan".
On Beijing continuing to oppose Azhar's listing as global terrorist, government sources said there are issues which China needs to resolve with Pakistan.
On Wednesday, China opposed the bid in the UN Security Council to designate Azhar as a "global terrorist" by putting a technical hold on the proposal. The Chinese move was termed "disappointing" by India.
- Opposition sore losers, desperation over VVPAT issue indication of defeat: Paswan
- 4-tier security at all 28 Karnataka counting centres
- Karnataka earns second position in seizure of Illegal liquor
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources
- Government clears 4 judges name for position to Supreme Court