- Mulugu SP alerts people amid heavy rains due to cyclone Michaung
- Women at COP28: Meet five Indian women who are pioneering climate action in the country
- Crucial meeting on finalising clearing the name of CLP leader begins at Kharge’s residence
- Exploring the Rich Tapestry of Odissi Dance at Utsav Festival
- CM’s new convoy in place ahead of oath taking ceremony
- World Soil Day
- McAfee Study reveals Indian festive online shopping behavior and advises precautions on “too good to be true” deals
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- JC Prabhakar wants Revanth Reddy to be CM of Telangana
- 25-year-old woman murdered and set ablaze in Medak
Heavy rain triggers flood in Odisha's Bhadrak district, water-level of Baitarani river rises
Several areas in Bhadrak district are facing flooding, as the water-level of Baitarani river rises due to heavy rainfall.
Several areas in Bhadrak district are facing a flood-like situation as the water-level of Baitarani river rises due to heavy rainfall. While talking to ANI, Bhadrak DM Gyana Das said National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRF) and fire services deployed.
"There is a consistent rise in the water level. Due to heavy rain too almost all blocks are affected, vast patches of agricultural land submerged. Officials are assessing submerged crop area. NDRF, ODRF, fire services deployed. Senior officers deployed to supervise evacuation," he said. Due to heavy rainfall and flooding, 7 persons have died and 2 are missing in the last 3 days in Odisha, said Pradeep Kumar Jena, Special Relief Commissioner on Thursday.
A low to medium flood is expected in Bramhani, Baiarani and Subarnarekha river system, Flood like situation may also arise in the Mahanadi river as the IMD has predicted heavy rainfall in the upper catchment area (Chhattisgarh and Western Odisha districts) in the next 24 hours, Jena said.