- Skill development training mandatory for fireworks factory staff in TN dist
- TUDA Chairman Chevireddy Mohit Reddy expressed his gratitude towards Sivaprasad Reddy
- Car runs over dog in Goa, one booked
- Fire breaks out in Delhi apartment, two rescued
- Ex-India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Vidya Balan Takes Legal Action Against Fake Instagram Account
- K’taka govt suspends police officer for filing ‘false case’ against 40 lawyers
- MVV Satyanarayana's Padayatra in Visakhapatnam East Constituency Receives Great Response
- WPL: Sutherland will add a lot of firepower to our team, says DC captain Lanning
- Nitin Gadkari to inaugurate projects worth Rs 13,000 cr in Karnataka
Himachal Pradesh promoting natural farming: Jai Ram Thakur
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Thursday said the state was committed to promote natural farming.
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Thursday said the state was committed to promoting natural farming.
He was interacting with Padma Shri recipient Subhash Palekar, who called on him here.
The Chief Minister said the state was providing a subsidy of 50 per cent with a maximum limit of Rs 25,000 for purchase of cows of the indigenous breed to those farmers who were engaged in natural farming.
This will not only increase the cattle wealth but also help in promote natural farming, he said.
Thakur said the government was endeavouring to double the income of farmers by 2022 and 'Prakritik Kheti' and 'Khushhal Kisan Yojna' would go a long way in this direction.
He said a workshop would be organised for the legislators to sensitize them about the benefits of adopting natural farming so that they could motivate farmers of their respective areas.
Palekar advocated natural farming, saying it would not only help in doubling farmers' income but would also go a long way in checking diseases due to excessive use of chemical fertilizers.