- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
Pranab Mukherjee still in deep coma, renal parameters 'slightly deranged': Hospital
Former President Pranab Mukherjee continues to be in deep coma and his renal parameters are "slightly deranged", the hospital treating him said on Wednesday.
NEW DELHI: Former President Pranab Mukherjee continues to be in deep coma and his renal parameters are "slightly deranged", the hospital treating him said on Wednesday. Doctors attending to 84-year-old Mukherjee said he continues to be on ventilator support.
He was admitted to the Army's Research and Referral Hospital in Delhi Cantonment on August 10, where he was operated for removal of a clot in the brain. Thereafter, he developed a lung infection and is being treated for the same.
The former President had also tested positive for Covid-19 at the time of his admission, the hospital said. "Shri Pranab Mukherjee is being treated for lung infection. His renal parameters are slightly deranged since yesterday. He continues to be in deep coma and on ventilator support," a statement from the hospital said.
Mukherjee was the 13th President of India from 2012 to 2017.