- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
Railway Recruitment Board receives 2.4 crore applications for 1.4 lakh posts
Railway Recruitment Board: The Railways said that around 2.4 crore candidtates have applied for 1.4 lakh vacancies in Indian Railways for various categories of staff to be hired by the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs).
Railway Recruitment Board: The Railways said that around 2.4 crore candidates have applied for 1.4 lakh vacancies in Indian Railways for various categories of staff to be hired by the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs).
A statement issued by the Ministry of Railways said, "It may be noted that RRBs had issued three centralised employment notifications for NTPC categories, isolated and ministerial categories and Level-1 categories for a total of about 1.4 lakh vacancies for various categories of staff."
"Against these employment notifications, more than 2.4 crore candidates have applied," it said, adding that the national transporter has made requisite preparations for smooth conduct of computer-based tests (CBTs) which is scheduled from December 15 onwards.
It said that the details of the candidates' schedule of the CBTs will be uploaded on the websites of RRBs in due course.
It said that the railways had notified three types of vacancies -- 35,208 for NTPC (non-technical popular categories like guards, office clerks, commercial clerks etc.), 1,663 for Isolated and Ministerial categories (steno and teaches etc.) and 1,03,769 for Level-1 vacancies (track maintainers, pointsman etc).