- National Chili Day 2024: Date, history and significance
- Hindu Gods 'insult' row: Karnataka police book FIR over threat calls to complainant
- 23 lakh Indian diaspora are reinforcing Indo-Canadian relations: Jitendra Singh
- From Michelle Obama to Matthew McConaughey: Celebrities Share Their Go-to Recipes
- Maratha quotas given, but unrelenting Jarange-Patil to start fresh stir from Feb 24
- Servitor held in Bhubaneswar for sexually assaulting foreign tourist
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani Tie the Knot in Anand Karaj Ceremony
- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
Tamil Nadu CM launches initiatives worth over Rs 7000 cr in industrial sector
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Thursday launched a number of initiatives in the industrial sector totalling over Rs 7000 crore, including the signing of MoUs for new investments.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Thursday launched a number of initiatives in the industrial sector totalling over Rs 7000 crore, including the signing of MoUs for new investments.
The chief minister launched the initiatives covering different parts of the state from here.
He inaugurated three projects worth Rs 121.12 crore signed during the Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) in February this year, an official release said.
As many as 15 new memoranda of understanding (MoU) were signed with firms operating in the spheres of Information Technology, electric components, wind energy, textile, LPG bottling and warehousing, it said.
The companies will set up units in Chennai, Vellore, Coimbatore, Tiruvallur, Tiruvannamalai and Kancheepuram among other districts.
Further, Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for five projects proposed in different districts of the state, including two of which were signed in GIM 2019.
The total value of these initiatives was Rs 7175.71 crore, while about 45,900 employment opportunities would be created, it added.
Meanwhile, at a separate event, the chief minister flagged off new buses to be inducted in various divisions of the state transport undertakings.
A total of 370 vehicles valued at Rs 109 crore inducted into different divisions across the state.
Palaniswami flagged off five buses to mark the launch, another release said.
The government has inducted 13,253 new buses since May 2011, when the ruling AIADMK assumed office, it added.