Two militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir gunfight
Two militants were killed in a gunfight with the security forces on Friday in Jammu and Kashmir, a defence official said.
Srinagar: Two militants were killed in a gunfight with the security forces on Friday in Jammu and Kashmir, a defence official said.
Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Rajesh Kalia said the militants were killed in an encounter in Nowgam, on the outskirts of Srinagar city.
Five soldiers were also injured in the operation which has now ended.
Kalia said two rifles were recovered from the slain militants. Their identities were being ascertained.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard