- Congress writes to PM Modi for implementation of Mandal Commission recommendations in Deemed varsities
- ED has filed its first chargesheet against AAP leader Sanjay Singh
- Ensure no further construction takes place adjacent to Ganga: SC to Bihar govt
- No Scindia, no traitor left in Congress: Digvijaya on eve of counting
- ‘Pindam’ storyline fascinated me: Producer Yeshwanth Daggumati
- Brahmanandam wraps key schedule of ‘Kannappa’
- Chandrika Ravi to play Silk Smitha in her biopic
- Vishal’s film with Hari titled ‘Rathnam,’ teaser unveiled
- My main strength is emotion: ‘Hi Nanna’ director Souryuv
- Bluesky Enhances Safety with Automated Moderation and User Lists
With 81,000 new cases, India's corona tally nears 64L
With a spike of 81,214 coronavirus cases and 1,095 deaths in 24 hours, India's tally on Friday mounted to 63,94,069 cases.
New Delhi:With a spike of 81,214 coronavirus cases and 1,095 deaths in 24 hours, India's tally on Friday mounted to 63,94,069 cases.
Out of the total cases, 9,42,217 are currently active, 53,52,078 have been discharged, while 99,773 lost the battle against the viral disease.
While the recovery rate stands at a whopping high of 83.70 per cent, the fatality rate has come down to 1.56 per cent, the data from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said.
Maharashtra continues to be the worst-hit with a total of 14,00,922 cases, including 37,056 deaths; followed by Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
According to the data from the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), India conducted 10,97,947 sample tests in a single day on Thursday, taking the total number of samples tested so far to 7,67,17,728.