Woman forced to starve for dowry dies in Kerala
- Woman dies of forced starvation
- She had suffered severe weight loss and was weighing only 20 kg.
In an inhuman act, a woman died of forced starvation in Kerala on Saturday by the in-laws for dowry. The 27-year-old Thushara who died on March 21, 2019 was subjected to dowry harassment for the past two years and was given no proper food. Often she had been offered sugary water and soaked rice, it is learned.
Getting into details, Thushara was shifted to Kollam district hospital after she fell unconscious. She was declared brought dead by the doctors. Her body was later shifted to Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Hospital. The post-mortem report issued from the hospital unveiled shocking details which said that she had suffered severe weight loss and was weighing only 20 kg.
However, after questioning, Thushara's husband Chanthulal (30) admitted that she was denied proper food for dowry. Chanthulal and his mother Geethalal (55) was taken into custody.
Thushara had got married to Chanthulal in 2013. Three months after marriage Chanthulal demanded Rs 2 lakh dowry. As her parents failed to offer the money, Thushara was limited to house and was not allowed to meet her parents. She even had not given permission to contact them over the phone.
- Former NCP Minister likely to join Shiv Sena
- Unable to digest defeat of dynasty, Opposition wants to discredit democracy: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Roshan Baig hits out and tags party leaders over performance of exit polls
- Rs 8.45 lakh hawala money from Kuwait seized in Assam, 2 held
- This Lok Sabha election was like pilgrimage for me, says PM Modi